BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 30

Day 29...Class 29

3pm...YOGA MELTDOWN

Talk about having "Yoga Drama!"
Learning to release attachment in the Yoga room like I do in my daily life..
This class was SO completely out of control. It was super super hot.. A student(which you're not supposed to even do this) cracked the door to outside before class to air it out. Which wasn't actually a bad idea because it was so steamy in there! The class started out with an erratic Pranayama Breathing. Terrible timing and a different count to every breath, not the steady count that should be done for it to flow correctly. The Standing Series began and people were dropping like flies to their mats.. It was like that movie where there's a bunch of people in a mall, then they turn into monkeys and animals acting wild! Was that in Mean Girls?.. Anyway, everyone was laying down, panting, not doing anything. It was insane. It was like Yogi's Gone Wild, but with nobody flashing their boobs. I worked through the Standing Series only taking a knee once and falling out of Balancing Stick because I didn't have the energy to keep my elbows or leg locked because it was so boiling in there.

I laid in Savasana listening to everyone breathing hard and fidgeting with their water and people leaving. At that point I knew there was no way I'm staying in this unmotivating, hot ass, terrible class. And when I decide something nobody can talk me out of it, sometimes not even myself. I said to myself that I MUST stay until Camel because I wanted to do that posture so bad!:) I knew I should've gotten past all that and stayed and focused on myself, but I was so far passed that point. So I half assed the Spine Strengthening Series, as I noticed so did everyone around me! After Camel I grabbed my stuff and left. The teacher of course asked where I was going, I said "Leaving early" and that's it..Maybe I shouldn't have left right after Camel...They do say that's an "emotional" posture.. Read on..

Jennifer, super sweet Jennifer was out front, she walked over to see if I was OK, because I never leave class. NEVER EVER EVER EVER..... I start crying! WTF? I blabbered on about how this person's class is so unmotivating and uninspiring. I never look forward to it, the dialogue is always messed up, She talks to us rudely.. As I'm talking to her I see two people in the lobby that also walked out of class. That just doesn't happen on a normal basis, so I know it wasn't just me getting frustrated. I told her I'm sorry, I don't know why the hell I'm crying anyway! She was so nice and said it's OK, no worries.. I stayed and took a shower there and relaxed in the locker room. As I was getting dressed I was like, Holy Shit, what did I just do?? Hahahaha! I just had my first official, and hopefully only "Yoga Meltdown!" Geez... So, Jen came in to check on me. I apologized to her and she said don't worry, it happens!
Wow Cat...

Then I decided, screw it I'm going to Jack in the Box! ;) And by the way, their mini churros rock!:) Here's to a better experience tomorrow for my final 30 Day Challenge class! Woooo Hoooo! Oh yes, and this one DOES count, even though I left 3 postures early:)
Nama-freakin-ste people!!!

3 comments:

bikramyogachick said...

You need a yoga meltdown to appreciate when you feel strong. So congrats! :)
Trust me, it's all part of this crazy process.
You're going to rock it out tomorrow!

Big G said...

Haha. I took the 11 AM on Saturday, but I actually heard about the crazy 3 PM from some other people. There's a reason I try to avoid afternoon classes...

Cat said...

Yea it was a nutty madhouse! Not a good vibe at all!!